Sunday 19 October 2014

Natural, NO Chemical, Deodorant Recipe

We all know that deodorant is loaded with chemicals which have even been linked to the causes of  certain cancers. Finally, a teacher that I work with gave me a recipe for something that works (no really her husband even uses it, plus I have sweat tested this recipe in a spin class :)  ) and can even be made in your own home with 3 simple ingredients!

Here it is:
¼ cup baking soda (aluminum free) or arrowroot powder
¼ cup cornstarch
6 teaspoons coconut oil



For scent you can even add a few drops of essential oil, but the first time I tried it I didn't add any because I like the smell of coconut anyways.

You can always adjust the consistency, this is the tricky part. If you are finding it too soft then continue to add equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch one teaspoon at a time. The mixture also settles after you put it in a container so it is ok if it is softer at first!

I know it is easy to be skeptical, but try it out! I would never go back to regular deodorant after using this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment