Wednesday 20 August 2014

Day 3 of the refresh

Day 3 is finally here! But it really wasn't bad! I was eating lots of veggies with hummus and avocado- mm my favourite!

And the vanilla refresh I loved because I blended it up with half a banana and lots of ice to make it frothy! 

I had to have some meals on the go because that is life! If you absolutely have to eat at a restaurant, which I did a garden salad worked well with some olive oil and lemon juice! All is possible if you ask! 

This program really made me realize how much we seek comfort foods and how much better I feel without it! It was also good to be more aware of how much processed food we eat. It's really all around us and easy to choose. This program helped me go back to the basics; fruits, veggies, nuts and healthy fats. 

It was really well laid out. All that was required was some preparation even if that means some containers on the go and for the shakes, mixing with water. 

Something I noticed was that it is easy to mistake hunger for actually being thirsty! I was reaching lots for the water these 3 days instead of food and I found that water left me satisfied because I was thirsty in the first place! 

Apart from feeling good, tomorrow morning will be a weigh in to see some more exciting changes.

Bottom line, it is good to give our bodies a break from working through all of the processed food that we eat and get back to the clean side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment